Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ashcroft Parade

Saturday, June 14, 2008
So today I woke up bright and early to get ready for a parade in Ashcroft....


For those that don't know, I'm part of the Shushwap Pipe Band. I havn't mentioned it yet on here because I havn't been going to practices because i've either been to busy monday nights, or can't get a ride in.



So 6am rolls around and I roll out of bed. By 7am Ian (an older piper who lives near me) picks me up and we drive to Kelly's house to pick up Paula (Kelly is my old Cadet Band officer who is a snare drummer for the band, Paula is an ex-sea cadet who also plays snare for the band). Then we drive, 3 hours, to Ashcroft... It's a long fricken drive...



We acctualy arrive early though, and go for a quick breakfast at a bakery then meet the others at the parade start site. Thankfully it was really nice out today, last year it poured rain. In fact, it was really hot today in Ashcroft.
The parade was a gong show... we had to walk half way across town before there was acctualy any people to play for.. but once we got to where the people were, it was pretty good. I seen a friend from school, an exchange student from japan. She was there with her host family.



After the parade we had lunch at the legion, then played with the Kamloops band. After that, the members of out band met up at the local Dairy Queen and had ice cream. Some ladies stopped us when we were in line and asked me and paula for a picture! Haha that was entertaining.. I also seen my friend from honour band there! Turns out she knew Paula as well because they went to Camp together. So we hung out for a bit, it was fun.



Then it was back to home. Amazingly we were on the road home by 1pm. Last year we didn't leave Ashcroft untill like 230pm!

Now, I'm at home relaxing & debating whether I should start studing...




Of course, me in a rush this morning, trying to iron my uniform.... I forgot my camera so I have no pictures *cries*

No comments: