Saturday, August 16, 2008

VACSTC STAFF 2008 – August 2nd

Saturday, August 16, 2008
Sorry I missed a few days… not all that much happened till today…

So Thursday went pretty calmly… we had a basic grad practice in the morning then just chilled at H10 in the evening. Nothing else really…

Friday was the actual parade… then RSM’s parade in the evening. My back was really sore by the end of the day because I was basically on my drum ALL DAY! So intense… can’t wait till my massage tomorrow!

Today was pretty crazy! During the morning I went to the mall and picked up “Breaking Dawn” as well as all the other books in the twilight series so I have them all for my own keeping! Lots of people in the barracks are borrowing my books though. :P

Breaking Dawn is amazing so far! I won’t say much about it because some people may not have read it yet, even though this will be posted at a later date….. don’t want to ruin anything…

After lunch was Battalion Sports Day! I was working the “mat Carry” station with Baker. It was really wicked because I got to ride on the mat while the cadets carried me above their heads around a track of pylons. So amusing! Also for the first time in a long time BRAVO won a ribbon at the Sports day…. Well actually to be technical BRAVO 9 platoon (Pipes & Drums) won 1st in the Cadet Leader Courses and 10 Platoon (Rifle Coach) won 3rd in the Cadet Leader Instructor Courses. As usual though BRAVO failed hard core at the Tug-of-War… but that’s ok… all the staff teamed together and pulled the Commanding Officer’s old 1950’s military Jeep like 15 feet. It was amazing, and fun…

This evening was Company BBQ’s, which was fun…. Better than Mess Hall food anyway. After the BBQ’s there was a formal asking… only the second one so far and there is only a week until mess… not very encouraging huh? It was WO Brown being asked my WO Sanchez… it was so cute… she comes out of Headquarters and a staff is there holding a rose for her… while Uren played the pipes… then she walked down the street to where Sanchez was… along the way were roses lining the side of the road… it was adorable, Brown was SO embarrassed… I would have been too… there was lots of people there watching…

Also tonight there was supposed to be a dance but the dance co-coordinator decided to cancel it because supposedly there was “no one who wanted to go to the dance”…. Well that was a load of bull so we made our own dance by hooking up some music (which was a hell of a lot harder than it should have been…) and partied it up!

McIssac was there and we danced… well he sucks at dancing to fast songs but I was trying to teach him… it was pretty hilarious. Hanna danced with him during the slow song though L but that’s ok because guess who’s at camp now….. OG! So I danced with him at the dance for the slow song.

I’m glad to see OG though it’s a little awkward because he wanted to go to the mess dinner with me… but I wasn’t sure whether he would be getting back from his exchange before mess so I didn’t really think about waiting to see if he wanted to go with me rather than McIssac… but I’m glad I’m going with McIssac… he’s really cool too… and I know OG likes me and I don’t really like him that was so it’s a little awkward… oh well… what’s done is done…

No comments: